ABOUT ELDER EXCHANGE FORUM
A Monthly Academic Forum
Discussing Issues of Faith & Life
Proverbs 14:8 (NIV) The wisdom of the prudent is to give thought
to their ways.
Context: VMRC hosts different events and gatherings
important in helping us to “live well” in all aspects of our lives.
Since, for Christians, our love for God and neighbor involves our minds
and we experience the Spirit’s power through a renewed mind, we are
initiating an academic venue where ideas are presented on a scholastic
level followed by group discussion to discern their resonance with
vibrant Christian faith.
Description: A formal thoughtful presentation by a
resource speaker or panel of persons on a topic of interest linked to
- Topics and presenter & respondents names will be shared
prior to each meeting.
- Presenters will be selected from within and without the
- Typical meeting length will be about 90 minutes: 30-45
min for speaker to present topic; 10 min for two invited responders;
30 minutes group dialogue.
- Location/Time: Detwiler Auditorium, second Thursday
evening of each month, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. (First event: August 9.)
- Examples of presentation topics are: bioethics,
wholistic healing, examination of worldviews, philosophy of church
mission, views on human origins, sin & salvation, death & dying,
politics, power, justice, theology of suffering, natural evil,
immigration issues, war & peace, poverty, addiction, integration of
faith in varied disciplines or occupations such as art, agriculture,
architecture, leadership & management, mathematics, technology,
business, science, literature, etc.
- Presenters will represent both Anabaptist and other
Christian faith perspectives.
- Advertising: This is mainly a VMRC event (although the
public is welcome) and will be publicized within this community
using normal VMRC informational venues; additional sources of info
will be ACRS emails, church bulletins, etc.
- Attendance at any forum gathering is open for all VMRC
residents and interested persons from the neighboring community.
- Questions, comments, suggestions? Contact the persons
listed below or simply fill in the contact form.
Forum Moderators: Roman Miller ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Richard Bowman ( email@example.com )